FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Friday, March 5, 2010

Madman Across the Water

Today's Random Song Friday is Madman Across the Water by Elton John.  This is my favorite Elton John album, same title.  I love Rotten Peaches, Levon and Razor Face.  I also like Madman Across the Water.

The chorus:
We'll come again next Thursday afternoon
The in-laws hope they'll see you very soon
But is it in your conscience that you're after
Another glimpse of the madman across the water
I always believed that Elton was referring to himself in this song, or more accurately, Bernie Taupin was referring to Elton, as it was Bernie who wrote the lyrics.  My Internet searches seem to agree with that.  I wasn't sure why Elton viewed himself as a madman, but I guess as I get older I understand.  We all have these demons inside our heads, don't we?  And it's all about how we deal with them.  I'm certainly trying to deal with mine and to a certain level succeeding.  At least I can say that today, maybe tomorrow will bring something different.  But I'll keep fighting, that I can promise you all.

As the song says:
Will they come again next week?
Can my mind really take it?
Yes, I think I know what he's talking about.

Now, on to the good stuff...

Brian's Stats
Current Weight: 212.4
Loss this week: 1.2
Total loss: 3.6 (probably closer to 6)
% of body fat: 34.4%
BMI: 29.8

Kate can post hers in the comments.  Or maybe I'll add it here later.  Either way, she's probably kicking my ass.  She's focusing on her diet much more than I am.  I'm focusing on fitness.  We're both winners!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sorry Brian. This morning, I promptly stepped on the scale the minute I walked into the office and was going to email you and well - I actually had WORK to do at my job. It's like a miracle or something.

Anywhoodles.
Current Weight: 209
Pounds Lost This Week: 1
Total Loss: 4
BMI: 29.1

I seriously didn't think I'd lost any weight at all. In fact, I expected a gain. I kind of went for the chicken strips and fries special at the cafeteria on Monday. But I did walk two miles on Wednesday and I'm going again tonight.