FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Friday, March 5, 2010

Summer Concert Series

I enjoy going to concerts, especially when it's with my favorite performers.  My children go to sleep away camp, so it works out well during the summer.  First, lots of concerts take place during the summer.  Second, it's easier to schedule since the kids are away.  Third, it's a nice way to spend time with my wife.

So when I saw that Sting was touring, I was very interested.  He's touring with an orchestra.  Ok, maybe that's a little more grown up than I want to be, but he was going to play lots of songs I loved, so why not?  I started watching American Express for their pre-sale.  If you're a card holder you can get tickets before the general public.  This is why the concerts are always sold out before they even go on sale to the general public.

So I checked the AMEX website and the tickets were on sale.  The closest place to my house he'll be playing is in Bethel, NY.  That's near Monticello.  AKA not close to my house AT ALL.   But it's less than a 2 hour drive.  I'm thinking, maybe we'll grab a hotel room and make a couple days out of it.  Or I guess we could drive home after the concert if we really wanted.

So I go onto Ticketmaster, put the information in and I get good seats!  Row L on the left side of the stage.  Cool!

Then I look at the price.  $162.80

$162.80????

Did I mention that was for ONE ticket?  Yeah!  It is!  So around $350 for the two of us plus fees.  And this is in Bethel, middle of nowhere, New York State!  I mean, seriously?  WTF?!?!?!  Ummmm, no thanks!

3 comments:

kitty said...

hey in August of 1969 close to half a million people thought Bethel was worth visiting!!

Sting on the other hand - that would be a big fat HELLS NO in my opinion... even for $10 a ticket haaa

BrianAlt said...

Yes, and most of them paid $0.

Jocelyn said...

My word verification is 'fulousi'... $162.80 fulousi single ticket! Although it *is* Sting...is he coming to TO?