All blogs suck. My blog, your blog, your friend's blog, your friend's dog's blog, etc.
None of us update enough. None of us!
We all check each others blog on a daily basis. "Is there an update?" we think. And usually we are disappointed. I find that most people update around two times a week; some more, some less. But when you decide to read all of the blogs you are following, you are generally disappointed. Out of 15 or 20 blogs there are usually 3 or 4 updated on any given day. I check blogs in the morning. There are usually one or two updated at that time. Maybe during the day one or two more will be updated. That's a trickle of information. Not very impressive.
How to check blogs is another subject. You can subscribe to the RSS feeds in your browser, that's one way. It will check them for updates on a periodic basis and notify you if there are any changes. Then you can go read them for yourself. There is also Google Reader, which is pretty much just a fancier RSS reader. You can "follow" those that you like with Blogger, but then you need to check your Blogger account for updates. That seems annoying. Or you can just click on them one at a time when you have a chance to see who updated.
How do you check the blogs you read?
Then there are comments. I like to leave comments. I know my comments are cryptic and confusing sometimes. I don't mind that. This whole medium is cryptic and confusing sometimes. I think it was Kate that once said that she didn't mind my comments; she just figured that it made me think of something in my life and that led to my comment. That's pretty accurate. One person on a blog I read has accused me of being a stalker because I comment on nearly every post. I spoke to the blogger about this and she thinks the person is crazy. I agree. However, I get the feeling that another blogger does think I am a stalker. *shrug*
Lots of people don't leave comments. That's a different personality than mine. To me it's all about the interaction. I'd rather someone call me a fucking idiot than say nothing. But most people say nothing. Not much I can do about that.
So, like I said, blogs suck. I guess most people have moved on to Twitter or Facebook where you can say very little and make it meaningful. (That was sarcastic, I think.)
Now, aren't you glad you had something to read here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Feeling crabby today? I'm all about google reader. I have it pulled up all day long. And I usually comment on blogs that I follow. Unless they're like super important sciency ones that I am intimidated by, but like to read anyway.
More fiesty than crabby.
I just go to the half dozen or so blogs I still 'follow' individually
and I usually comment - although sometimes I just don't have anything to say - not that I say much when I do say something
eh... I've been TRYING to blog more - I'm managing about once a week now which is not as good as the 3-4 times a week I was doing before I got sidetracked
you probably think it was by facebook but it was actually life and then I just got out of the habit
I do like facebook too though... but I also kinda miss the whole group of blogs/bloggers that aren't saying much these days too - which doesn't help with the motivation
lately the main reason I haven't been blogging as much as I used to is because I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I spend online - it occurs to me that I'm extremely fortunate to be able to be home and I have not been pulling my weight for a really long time... and it actually turns out that I think my husband/home/life deserve more of my attention than I've been giving
then there is also the fact that I often blog in other people's comments - and that is time consuming in itself hehehe
p.s. speaking of being absent - where the heck have you been? I never see you - it's lonely!! hehehe
I've been following on google reader, too. But as I said on my blog, I've been hanging out on Fet and Facebook - and feeling reeeally lazy. We should keep Skype open all day. That would work for me. *grins*
So, now I've blogged and commented, do I get a prize?
blogs don't suck - bloggers sucks!!
guess I should take this out of my daily check list :(
Okay. I've blogged twice in the last couple of weeks. I see nothing here! tsk tsk tsk
What's your excuse?
Post a Comment