FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Mountains of the Moon

Yeah, so tomorrow I leave for Chicago. I think this is pretty cool because I've never been there before. I like going where I've never been before. It won't be great being away from the family for this long, I don't come home till Friday, but I plan on enjoying myself anyway. Yeah, I'll force myself.

I've already looked up the best pizza places and several are within walking distance from the hotel. Giordano's, Gino's East and Pizano's are all within 3-5 blocks from my hotel. I never heard of them, but apparently they are three of the top 10 pizza places in Chicago. I, of course, am looking forward to some deep dish pizza. Hopefully that's what I'll be eating Tuesday night.

Wednesday and Thursday I have a full itinerary, Wednesday starting at 8 AM and going till 6 PM and Thursday starting at 6 AM and going till 5 PM. The weather looks like it will be COLD! Tuesday has a forecast high of 51º, but Wednesday's high is 43º and Thursday and Friday are looking like mid 30s! Brrrr! Eh, I don't mind the cold so much, but a little warmer wouldn't be bad.

Thursday night I'm meeting a friend that lives in Chicago. She worked with my wife and we stayed with her for a week when we visited London and she was on a year's rotation there. My wife told me not to get drunk. Supposedly she has slept with married men in the past. I'm not interested, so it ain't happening. And getting drunk sure wouldn't help!

Anyway, if you have any ideas of what else I should do while I'm there, feel free to post here. See you in a week!

3 comments:

kitty said...

deep dish?? that's not pizza - it's a casserole!!

I mean I'm sure it can be delicious... but let's not call it pizza, eh?

BrianAlt said...

Actually, it definitely is pizza, as in pizza PIE. Looks more like a pie than what we're used to. I had one and it was good, but it wasn't anything special.

kitty said...

well sticky toffee pudding doesn't look anything like what I know pudding to be... neither does bread pudding

so what you're saying is that anything layered and baked in a round pan with sides then cut into wedges qualifies as a pizza? or a pie?
or does it have to have a crust?
I make shepherd's pie with a crust - kinda like a pot pie but with potato topping... it's got a crust, meat, veggies, cheese... is that a pizza pie?

or is it the tomato sauce that makes it a pizza?

but there are plenty of pizzas without red sauce

what exactly qualifies this crusty, meaty, cheesy casserole as a pizza?