Let me start out by explaining why I am this way. Often times when I read a blog post, a funny or quippy comment crosses my mind. These are often the comments I make on the blogs I read. I have to admit that sometimes I go back to the blog and read the comment and think, "what the hell did I mean there?" However, whenever I re-read the blog post I can always figure out what I was talking about. That doesn't mean I always think that the other people reading the comment, or the blog author, will be able to figure out what I'm talking about. I realize that.
Often times I will be reading a blog entry and it will make me think of a song. Sometimes I will write some lyrics from that song. Will the author understand what I meant? I sincerely hope so!
It makes me sad to be misunderstood. It makes me feel isolated. It makes me feel like my brain works differently than the rest of the world. Does it? Does my brain work differently? Sometimes I really think it does.
I realize that I have hurt others in my comments here and there. That was never my intention. I also realize that some may say, "that guy is TOO WIERD!" And they may feel they need to stay away from me. I don't know if that's true, but I do get that feeling sometimes. Again, not my intention.
This is a regret of mine. I think about my regrets often. Very often in the shower. Do you think about your regrets in the shower?
With a joy that's hard to hide
And sometimes it seems that all I have do is worry
Then you're bound to see my other side
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
- The Animals


6 comments:
I think people think I'm weird too... and not just because I think Eric Burdon was kinda hot back in the day) hehehe
sometimes I think you should modify your comments to be more - understandable... but then I think 'screw that!! you should just be yourself!!'
if I don't understand you I'll ask what the hell you're talking about - some people don't have the patience for that I guess... sometimes your explanation doesn't clear anything up anyway haaaa
I think you just say what you're thinking and don't stop to word it in a way that people will understand - usually the thoughts in my head make sense to me but I have to use extra words to make them clear to others
I think that's normal
what I think is maybe a little weird is the fact that you get upset that people don't understand but at the same time seem to make no effort to to be more mindful of the way you say things... but like I said earlier - this is you and why should you be anything else?
unless you actually DO care to be understood hehehe
I try to be more mindful, but then at the time of writing it makes perfect sense to me.
Yes, I'd rather be understood.
it's not too often that something can be both vague and clear - just assume if it's vague it's probably not all that clear hehehe
words are free - use them!!
the blanks may be filled in in your own head - but we can't see in there
it's kinda like when someone thinks you should be able to understand when they say one thing and mean another... we're NOT mind readers!!
I usually laugh at your weird comments and think, "That must have reminded him of something in his life." Which is all kinds of okay in my life.
Great, Kate. That's how I really hope people take my comments.
Haaa haaaa! Yeah, you always posted strange comments. I liked it though because at least I knew you read what I wrote, it hit you in some way, and you responded honestly. Most of your comments made me laugh as you have a great sense of humor. I wouldn't worry about being weird. Boring is soooo much worse. :-)
Post a Comment