FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm a Loser

I'm a loser?  Cause, seriously, I don't feel like one.  In fact, I'm starting to feel like a winner!

"I'm a Loser" by the Beatles on the Beatles for Sale album in the UK and the Beatles '65 in the US is our Random Song Friday.
I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be
Here is why I don't feel like a loser:

Job Interview
I've been going on this job interview for a big job.  I alluded to it in a previous post.  So, I'm a finalist.  I'm one of two that remain standing.  The person I would report to, someone who has an even bigger job (think top 3 in the company), called me the, "dark horse."  He said he didn't expect me to be standing here at the finish line.  He expected someone from his own department.  I believe that I'm #2 in his mind.  However, I feel like those around him, those that currently report to him, think of me as #1.  So, does he listen to those around him?  Time will tell, but I think I'm creeping closer.  I think the longer he doesn't make a decision is the longer he felt the need to think it through and the more likely he'll offer it to me.

Sure I'll be disappointed if I don't get it, but I'll still feel like a winner.  I definitely raised my profile overall.  Something good will come out of this.  I am confident.

Job
I have been working on a project that would be lead by the position mentioned above.  It's a great project and it keeps my mind occupied.  I NEED my mind occupied!

Health
I started working out!  Whoo hoo!  I am going to a trainer.  Why a trainer?  Cause I have NO IDEA what I am doing if I try doing it alone.  He also gave me a diet, which isn't too far off my current style of eating.  That means it's totally doable!  Yay!  Of course Kitty was correct, I had to start eating breakfast.  I don't like breakfast.  I'm not a big dairy person.  I HATE milk!  (Sorry milk lovers out there.)  Dry cereal?  Ummm, NO THANKS!  So, what did he suggest?  A fruit and a handful of nuts, almonds preferred.  Fruit and nuts???  I LOVE fruit and nuts.  Awesomeness!  Plus working out seems to already have lifted some of that fogginess.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, as I've just begun, but so far, so good!  *happy dance*

So, hopefully this good stuff can go on for a while longer.  Pleeeaaaassseeeee?
What have I done to deserve such a fate
I realize I have left it too late
And so it's true, pride comes before a fall
I'm telling you so that you won't lose all

4 comments:

kitty said...

YAY!! and NOT just because I was right hehehe

I think it's interesting how people think breakfast must be a certain way... I almost never eat traditional breakfast foods I never much liked them... for breakfast anyway - I'll eat cereal for an afternoon snack or eggs for dinner haaaa

I usually feel like I need a decent sized meal (more than fruit & nuts) at breakfast time so I eat leftovers... or a tuna sandwich or turkey on a bagel - probably got into that habit as a kid because my mother didn't seem to think lucky charms were a proper meal and she didn't have time to make eggs every day

I tend to eat things like fruits and nuts at lunch time

anyway it's GREAT that you're getting help with this... sometimes we need someone to step in and show us things from a different angle =)

haha my word ver. is PEEFINE hehehe that is funny enough on it's own - doesn't even need a joke around it

Kate said...

I don't like eating breakfast, so I usually have a peanut butter sandwich and a banana. I can choke taht down. Good luck on the job interview.

BrianAlt said...

Trainer said, "stop thinking breakfast has to be a certain way. Eat what you like for breakfast."

Kitty: I'm glad you pee fine.

Kate: Don't like peanut butter. :( He suggested that also.

kitty said...

how about almond butter... or cashew butter?

anyway obviously I agree with the trainer - eat what you like - within reason of course hehehe