I watched Spinal Tap the other day with my wife. She had claimed to have never seen it. After their gig in Memphis gets canceled they decide to visit Elvis' grave. They sing Heartbreak Hotel and they try to harmonize. They fail miserably.
Too funny!
My wife didn't laugh.
That's the first thing I thought of when finding out that today's song would be Graceland.
There is a girl in New York City,This verse always struck me funny. Human trampoline? People are always bouncing off of her? When Mr. Simon says, "when I'm falling, flying or tumbling in turmoil I say, 'whoa, so this is what she means.'" Trampolines do not fall or fly or tumble. People ON trampolines do that. If she's a human trampoline then people are doing that ON her.
Who calls herself the human trampoline.
And sometimes when I'm falling flying
Or tumbling in turmoil I say
Whoa so this is what she means.
She means we're bouncing into Graceland.
Yeah, I know, I'm reading too much into it. But, sorry Mr. Simon, it just doesn't work.
So, that brings us to the end of this week's Random Song Friday. I wish you all a wonderful weekend! Goodnight and good blogging.
NEW FEATURE - BvK! Kate challenged me to a weight off! She thinks she can beat me. Bwahahahaha! She has no idea what she's gotten herself into. We'll be announcing our weight as part of our special Friday segments.
Current Weight - 213
Total Loss - 3 lbs.

No comments:
Post a Comment