FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Going down!

So I started exercising and changed my diet.  I discussed this in the previous post.  The main goals were to raise my fitness level and get my head on straight. A lesser goal, but one I knew would come along for the ride was to lose weight. The first week, which wasn't much of a week, I didn't really lose anything. I wasn't really surprised and I wasn't concerned about it.

When I started this journey, which was on February 2nd, I weighed 216 pounds. I'm 5'11", so that doesn't look fat. But it sure doesn't look thin either! I'd like to get to 185, which sounds like a goal, but I have no timetable for it.

So I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 213! Woo hoo! Yay me!

Should I get one of those counter thingies?

5 comments:

Kate said...

DUDE. You and I weigh the same. And I'm the same height as you. Wanna have a contest? It might help me. I struggle with my eating. Sigh. Always. I'm also following Kate's version of The Ultra Simple Diet by Mark Hyman. I do believe that I have a few food allergies that need to be addressed - as in when i eat bread I feel like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Wanna?

And your title made me think of something much more entertaining than dieting.

kitty said...

YAY!! it's funny how TAKING CARE of yourself helps!! hehehe

seriously though... your body is an amazing thing... it's awesome how quickly it takes to doing the right thing =)

BrianAlt said...

Absolutely Kate! That would be wonderful.

The rules are simple:

1. The weekly weigh in is first thing Friday morning before eating or showering.

2. That's about it!

I have two target dates, April 2nd and July 2nd. I'm going on vacation the weekends following those Fridays.

What does the winner get?

You can post your weight here if you don't want to do it on your blog. Fewer eyes here. Or we can start a joint one.

Brian and Kate minus 30?

As for the title, but it still makes you think about eating. Huh? Huh? Am I wrong, am I wrong? ;-)

Ok, childish, I know.

Kate said...

Okay. I usually weigh myself on Mondays. But I can play along if I have to. I can go for your target dates. Sure. April 2 and July 2. My goal is much lower than yours, but your goal is probably more realistic. I'll link to your blog when I post my weigh ins. It'll be Happy Feet Friday and something catchy, but I can't think of it yet. It will come to me.

You're exercising. I'm dieting. Hahahaha! Maybe when I want the double grilled cheese sandwich for lunch today, I'll just think of how fun it will be to beat you. I'll think on the prizes, too.

BrianAlt said...

I'd rather Fridays as the weekends are my opportunity to eat whatever I'd like (within reason, of course).

I'm exercising AND dieting. Let's face it m'dear, you have no shot!

Let the trash talking begin!