FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

When I Get Home

Okay people, I got it!  I know what I'm going to do on Fridays.  I will take my iPod and randomly play a song.  Then I'll need to post something relevant to my life AND that song.  So the first song I got was, "When I Get Home," by The Beatles.  This seems like an easy one.

As previously documented, I have been travelling.  I have been travelling what I would call a lot, every other week for around 3 days.  I know others travel all the time for their job, but I do not. 

My wife travels very little for her job.  She generally has to go to Orlando for training in November, but her company moved it to NYC this year to save money.  Most of the company is in NYC and that was one of three or four training centers this year.  Sometimes she travels to a client, but most of her clients are within the tri-state area.  That's New York, New Jersey and Connecticut for those of you outside this area.

Well, guess what?  She had to travel this week too!  It made for a REALLY nutty week.  I was gone from 5 AM Monday morning till 9 PM Wednesday night.  She left at 6 AM Wednesday morning and she won't be back until midnight tonight (Friday).

So, I'm really looking forward to seeing her.  Hopefully she's up for a little hanky panky.  If not, that's actually fine.  We can snuggle up and go to sleep.  It's supposed to snow Saturday night into Sunday, maybe pretty hard.  What's better than warming up the sheets on a snowy Saturday night?  Right!  Nothing.  Bottom line, I'll be glad to see her tonight.

Whoa-ho, whoa-ho,
I got a whole lot of things to tell her,
When I get home.
When I'm getting home tonight, I'm gonna,
Hold her tight.

3 comments:

kitty said...

and you think CHRISTMAS seems like a hassle??! your regular schedule would be too much for me... let alone all the traveling

BrianAlt said...

Who said it wasn't a hassle? Neither of us are too happy about it. We're doing it because it's our jobs.

Christmas is something you elect to do.

kitty said...

I didn't say you said it wasn't a hassle... just saying you went on and on about what a hassle you think christmas is... I'm just saying I think your regular every day life seems like more of a hassle than I would want to deal with

add the travel and I would 'elect' to find a different job hehehe