FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

Close to the Edge

So the entire weekend I wore two pairs of shorts that were a 34 waist.  Before I started my program (back in February), I was wearing a 38 waist.  The 34 is a little snug, but it fits!  Hooray.

We had a graduation party for my daughter on Saturday and it was a big hit.  The kids played with water balloons and guns and buckets and got each other wet for several hours.  I made hamburgers and hot dogs.  Most of the kids had one or the other and that was it!  I suspected that 14 year old boys would be throwing down a couple of burgers down their throats and then a dog on top of that!  Then the sun started going down, so the water fight stopped and it was time for make your own sundaes.  The kids all brought toppings.  We now have 4 bottles of Hershey syrup in our house.  Then they played Manhunt in the dark.  Well, mostly they sat in circles and talked.  Best part for us was that the kids were only in the house for bathroom breaks.  My daughter had a GREAT time and I guess that was the main point of it all. 

Sunday was Father's Day.  I had a nice day.  Played softball in the AM and we won.  My parents came over about 2:30.  My sister had stayed over from the night before.  I barbecued again.  This time London Broil and tilapia.  I grilled some zucchini and I made up a batch of my peppers and onions.  The food was a hit!  I love cooking for people.  Just make sure you compliment me afterwards.  I need my ego stroked, people!  And I deserve a little stroking after my hard work.

In the midst of all of this, I had to get 5 presentations done.  3 were done by Friday night and submitted to the powers to be.  One wasn't really a presentation, it's a panel discussion.  So I didn't have to do a PowerPoint for that one, but we still had to finalize what we were doing.  The one that's left, well, I hadn't really started it until last week.  I had it about half done as of Friday night.  So I needed to work on it in the midst of all this other craziness going on.  And as of Sunday night it was all packaged and submitted.  Yay for me!  :-)

So I feel great today!  Why?  Because I got all my presentations submitted.  The other stuff?  Just gravy!

Oh, and the kids leave for seven weeks on Saturday.

Down at the end, round by the corner.
Close to the edge, just by a river.
Seasons will pass you by.
I get up, I get down.
Now that it's all over and done,
Now that you find, now that you're whole.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Presentations aside!

kitty said...

well it certainly sounds like you had a way better weekend than I did!!

although my weekend was WAY better than it could have been - my antibiotics started kicking in early enough to make Sunday mostly functional - and I did enjoy just doing nothing on Saturday

and it's always nice to know my hunny is so good at taking care of me =)

kitty said...

and yeah - what up with those boys??

actually Sam was never a big eater like most teenage boys I've seen and even some adult boys - Ohio friend's husband has been known to eat 6 burgers at a friend's backyard BBQ!!

Jocelyn said...

Good work, Brian! Now 'that's' multitasking! :)

I BBQ'd on Father's Day and everyone except yours truly ate two burgers...that's it. Of course they had salads and chips but even the guys who are my big meat eaters have slowed down now that they're in their thirties.

Jay Noel said...

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?