I take the bus every day to and from work. I enjoy this method of commuting. I get to relax, listen to my favorite podcasts, read the newspaper, do the puzzles, even snooze a bit. If I were to drive to work everyday, someone would be dead. And it might be me. I don't like that idea, so I let someone else do the driving.The bus stop is about 1 1/2 blocks from my house, so it's a very easy walk. One day I'm coming home on the bus and the bus is pulling up to my stop. There's a white SUV parked in the bus stop so it stops in front of the car. I get off the bus. Right at that corner there is a crosswalk. I step into the crosswalk, in front of the SUV. In the car there are two silver-haired persons looking at what appears to be a map, i.e. they have no idea where they are going.
They sit there a while longer while I wait to cross the street. That is to say, in spite of the fact that I'm standing in a crosswalk, NO ONE is stopping to let me cross the street. Finally the street clears and I get ready to cross. That is the moment when the SUV suddenly figured out where it needs to go. Again, I'm standing in front of this car. The guy driving, this silver-haired guy, gives me a look, like there's something wrong with me for being in front of his car. I start to cross and look back at him. He starts gesturing at me, indicating that I'm in his way. So I say, "this is a crosswalk, A CROSSWALK, I have the right of way!"
After I get past him, he drives around me. He rolls down the window and yells out at me, "GET A CAR!"

1 comment:
heh! freakin' Jersey drivers!!
Post a Comment